- A valid passport, the validity of which shall cover the duration of the course of studies to be undertaken;
- A parental declaration, in the case of a minor, authorizing the minor’s stay in Malta for the purposes of studies for the duration of the course;
- Proof that he/she is covered by sickness insurance in respect of all risks against sickness, unless covered under the provisions of the Healthcare Fees Regulations 2004 (L.N. 201 of 2004);
- Proof that he/she has been accepted by an educational establishment to follow a full- time course of study recognized by the Malta Qualification Recognition Information Centre
- Where the student is applying to study at a private institution for a degree to be awarded by a non-Maltese educational entity, he/she shall provide evidence that he/she has registered as an external student with such entity;
- Documentary evidence that during his/her stay in Malta he/she will have sufficient funds to cover his / her subsistence (which will be equivalent to a minimum of seventy-five percent of the national minimum wage calculated on a weekly basis for the duration of his/her stay in Malta), his/her tuition fees and return travel costs;
- Evidence of sufficient knowledge of the language of the course which he/she would be following;
- Proof that the payment of the fees charged by the relative educational establishment have been effected.
- When the residence permit has been fraudulently acquired;
- Wherever it appears that he / she did not meet or no longer meets the conditions laid down in the provisions of the above- mentioned legal notice;
- When he/she does not respect the limits imposed by his / her employment licence;
- When he/she does not make acceptable progress in his / her studies;
- On grounds of public policy, public security or public health.
STUDY (ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE)
A third country national who will be following a course of studies which does not fall within the parameters of (1) will require a residence permit to cover his/her stay in Malta, unless such period of stay is not covered by a visa, or in the case of third country nationals exempt from the visa requirement, such period of stay is less than three (3) months.
Application Form N duly filled-in and signed
Letter of acceptance from the educational institution indicating entitlement to admission and details on course being undertaken and/or extended
Copies of the details page/s from the passport
Means of support (foreign transfers, bank account, etc) amounting to the minimum amount per day for the duration of the course and/or extension
A health insurance policy valid for Malta.