Though admission process and Visa requirements vary from institution to institution in Canada, here we’ll discuss about the most general procedures and requirements to get admission in Canadian Universities or Colleges.
Undergraduate requirements depend on the type of institution one chooses, this is usually in form of prerequisites and assessments guiding the processes involved in a certain University or College to offer an academic degree, which varies in different ways depending on if the student is a foreigner or a permanent resident.
For admission into undergraduate level, student must have completed twelve years of academic education, but for postgraduate level it is sixteen years. Below you can find undergraduate requirements for most Canadian Tertiary Institutions.
All applicants into undergraduate programs must submit:
- A completed application form;
- An official high school transcript (or attested copy) (if applicable);
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (if any);
- A detailed chronological résumé to demonstrate educational achievements, work experience, progression, community involvement, volunteer experience, and other related experience; and
- A Letter of Intent (LOI) that clearly explains why the applicant is applying and outlines the student’s academic intentions.
Applicants who completed high school or any post-secondary study outside Canada must also submit:
- Documentation confirming their high school completion was awarded, if not already indicated on official transcripts; and
- Proof of English language proficiency.
Finally it is important for you to know that major languages used in Canada are English and French. But most of the universities offer courses in English language. So you need to show your efficiency by means of English Language tests. IELTS is most widely recognized and accepted English proficiency test in Canada, however, some universities and colleges accept TOEFL. The score that you must obtain in these language tests vary from institution to institution and course of study. Some universities even seek for other medium of English language test assessment. For MBA, students may be asked for two years of work experience before being admitted to the university. In most of the cases GMAT is compulsory for MBA students.
For more information, Contact us.
Vatslya Education Consultancy
Office Address: 515-516, Poddar arcade, Nr. Railway Station, Varachha, Surat.
Contact no: +91 8980883388