Warsaw University of Technology builds upon the traditions of Polish technical universities that used to function in Warsaw.
The Polytechnic Institute founded in 1826 thanks to the efforts of Stanisław Staszic and the School of Hipolit Wawelberg and Stanisław Rotwand established in 1895.
Warsaw University of Technology started on its own in 1915 thanks to the efforts of the Association for Scientific Courses and the Citizens’ Committee of the City of Warsaw. Working uninterruptedly, the University has been producing generations of graduates and has had an increasing number of scientific and technical achievements.
It is not only the oldest, but also the best technical university in Poland; in the ranking of Polish universities, it has taken the first place in its category for nine years. At Warsaw University of Technology, over 180 student research groups, organisations and associations are active, and the educational offer includes more than 30 fields of study (also with English as a medium of instruction).
In the modern world, technical study opens up possibilities of varied, often fascinating professional careers. Graduates of Warsaw University of Technology are employed in every branch of the economy. They lead large companies, set up small and medium-size enterprises, they become politicians, university professors in Poland and abroad.
Multidisciplinary education that enables acquiring wide knowledge, specialist skills essential for future work and development of own interests, makes the diploma of Warsaw University of Technology recognisable on international markets.
Skilful development of students’ scientific ambitions and involvement of academic teachers, along with a constructive combination of tuition with scientific research give splendid results.
The Warsaw University of Technology is the oldest Polish technical university in poland. For over 180 years, it has been educating generations of engineers, thereby making a significant contribution to the development of technical sciences. University authorities and academic teachers guarantee a high level of education. New fields of study are launched, new laboratories created, cooperation with the industry and foreign centres is developed. Warsaw University of Technology is the place where tradition meets modernity.
Reasons to study at the Warsaw University of Technology:
- We’re the first! – title of the best Polish technical university, awarded by the Rzeczpospolita and Perspektywy ranking, every year for 7 years.
- The highest percentage of graduates who take managerial positions.
- 19 faculties and 1 college, where classes are conducted by circa 2500 academic teachers.
- 32 fields of study, including studies with English as the language of instruction.
- Distance-learning via the Internet (Centre for Distance-Learning – OKNO PW).
- Business School = 20 years of tradition of management education.
- Cooperation with over 180 foreign universities.
- Advanced information system, rich library resources (circa one million volumes in the Main Library).
- Warsaw University of Technology Development Programme, co-financed by the EU within the framework of ESF, which ensures a high level of education and adaptation of the didactic offer to the demands of the job market.
- Thriving Careers Office, which helps students find their first jobs.
- Over 5500 places in halls of residence, rich sports and tourist base.
- Over 100 registered student research groups, organisations and student associations.
- Numerous cultural and entertainment initiatives: concerts, festivals, exhibitions.
- Academic choir, song and dance company, entertainment orchestra, theatre, as well as student media (student portal, internet TV and radio, cultural monthly).
- University Sports Club AZS PW and successes of our basketball and volleyball players.
Based on longstanding tradition at WUT we understand that student success is not defined solely by academic achievements. The Warsaw University of Technology provides students with numerous possibilities to develop their knowledge, gives them freedom to explore various interests, passions, and dreams.
Thanks to many kinds of activities everyone has a chance to choose what she or he really is interested in. WUT gives possibilities not only to learn but also helps to develop personal engagement, leadership or community building abilities. Through those activities students at WUT grow as individuals, embrace diversity and learn to learn to get engaged in their societies.
We create opportunities for growth, achievement and success of students, helping them to see the world with a new perspective and start their working life. The best proof is the fact the Warsaw University of Technology has about 150 Students Research Circles. Students travel all around the world to present their projects, compete and win.
WUT offers the essential activities traditionally associated with college life, but our location in the heart of Warsaw presents unique opportunities that accentuate the student experience — from athletic teams to students’ clubs. WUT students are active around and beyond campus.