The questions in Part 1 are on general topics about your life. Your answers are from your life and experience. There is no right or wrong answer.
- About you
- Your town
- Free time
- Places to go in your free time
- Your neighbourhood
- Sports and games
- What is your (full) name?
- Can I have your name please?
- Could you tell me your full name please?
- What shall I call you?
- How can I address you?
- Does your name have any special meaning?
- Is your name important to you?
- Do Korean people like changing their name? Why?
- Have you ever changed your name? Why or why not?
- Why do so many people change their name?
- Do you work or study?
- What are you studying?
- What’s your major?
- Why did you choose that subject?
- What do you find most interesting about your course?
- What is your favorite subject?
- What do you dislike about your study?
- What do you hope to do after your graduation?
- What are your ambitions for the future?
- Do you hope to gain any qualifications?
- What are the advantages of studying instead of working?
- Can you describe your job to me?
- What do you do for a living?
- How long have you been doing it?
- Can you describe one of your typical working days?
- What’s your daily routine on a working day?
- Why did you choose to do that job?
- What things do you enjoy about your work? Why?
- What do you think is the attraction of your work?
- What is your ideal job?
- Do you want to change your current job? Why or why not?
- Are you willing to keep your job permanently?
- What are your plans for the future?
- Can you describe your town or village to me?
- Tell me something about your hometown.
- Where are you from?
- Where is your hometown?
- Where do you come from?
- What is the name of the street you live on?
- What kind of street do you live on?
- What do you like about your town?
- What is the weather like in your town?
- What building is considered famous in your town?
- What jobs do people in your town do?
- How has your town changed over the last twenty years?
- What changes have taken place in your city in recent years?
- Do you think it is better to live in the center of town or outside in the country? Why?
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- How much time do you have each week for doing these things?
- Why do you like doing these activities?
- How did you start doing this activity at first?
- Is there some other hobby or sport you would like to try? Why?
- How has the way people spend their free time changed over the years?
- What do you do when you have a holiday?
- Who do you usually spend holiday with?
- Where do you like to spend your holidays? Why?
- Can you describe a typical day in your holidays?
- Why are holidays and important to you?
- If you could take a holiday anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
- What do people usually do during holidays and in your town?
Places to go in your free time
- What do people do in your town in their free time?
- Where can they go out for entertainment, or to enjoy themselves?
- Which do you prefer: eating in restaurants or eating at home?
- Which are the best places to eat out?
- How did you come here today?
- What is public transport like in your town?
- How do you think it could be improved?
- Do you think people should use public transport more? Why (not)?
- How much time do you spend shopping every week?
- Do you enjoy going shopping? Why (not)?
- What is your favourite shop and why do you like it?
- What problems are there with shopping in your area?
- Can you describe the house where you live to me?
- What is there to do in the area where you live?
- What do you like about the area where you live?
- How do you think it could be improved?
- Do you think it is better to live in the centre of town or outside in the country? Why?
- Do you enjoy reading? Why?
- What sort of things do you read?
- Tell me something about your favourite book.
- What are the advantages of reading instead of watching television or going to the cinema?
Sports and games
- What sports are most popular in your country?
- What sports and games did you most enjoy playing
- when you were a child?
- Do people take as much exercise as in the past?
- Why is exercise good for you?
Please follow and like us: