It’s never easy to move to another country, especially one so far from home. Of course it’s worth it. You’ll meet new people and see many new places. You’ll be able to share your culture and knowledge, and you’ll make memories that will last forever. But formalities and papers are the worst – they’re complicated and time-absorbing. If you’re in the beginning stages, and you want clear instructions how to apply a visa from India to Poland, this article will save you a lot of time.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA FROM INDIA TO POLAND IN 10 STEPS:
- Find your consulate
- Choose your trip’s purpose
- Check if you need a visa
- Read the guidelines from the consulate
- Choose visa type
- Start collecting documents and money
- Fill out a visa application form and make an appointment
- Print out visa application and pay the fee
- Check visa decision status
- Think about temporary residence permit as soon as possible
VISA TO POLAND IN INDIA: FIND YOUR CONSULATE
If you live in:
- Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Jammu-Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jarkhand, West Bengal, Odisha, Sikkim, Asam, Tripura, Mizoram, Arunacal Pradesh, Nagaland, Meghalaya, or Manipur, please visit the website of Polish Embassy in New Delhi.
- Maharashtra, Goa, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamilnadu, Pondichery, Gujrat, Lakshadveep, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Andaman or Nicobar Islands, please contact Polish Consulate General in Mumbai.
CHOOSE A PURPOSE FOR YOUR TRIP
For this article let’s say that your situation is typical. You have neither relatives in the European Union, nor a residence permit. You just want to come to Poland as a tourist, or you’d like to study here, or work. Maybe you want to run your own business in Poland.
Each case is different. When you want to move to Poland, you need to prove your trip’s purpose. For example, if you want to study, you need to apply to a Polish university first. Your Polish university will send you documents that will entitle you to apply for a student visa. I wrote an article on how to study not only in Poland, but also in Germany.
If you want to work, you need to have a work permit before you apply for a visa. This situation is quite complicated. Here will you find our tips on how to get a job in Poland.
Read more: How much can I earn? Average salaries and costs of living in Poland
And if you want to run a business – well, that will be tough. I’m going to publish an article about that as well. Contact me, if you wish to learn about this situation now.
So what you need to do in this step is to decide what you want to do in Poland. Then you need to look for the information on what to do to be able to prove your trip’s purpose.
CHECK IF YOU NEED A VISA
Unfortunately, Indian citizens always need a visa to cross Polish border, even for tourist purposes.
But if you’re from another country, you might be allowed to visit Poland without a visa. You should check that on this website of Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
VISA TO POLAND IN INDIA: READ THE GUIDELINES FROM THE CONSULATE
Go the “Visa information” tab on the website of your consulate. It’s crucial that you carefully read all the information there. The consulate’s website should always be your ultimate source of information. The rules may change over time. Also, a consul is the person who will accept your visa application. Because of that you need to be sure that your understanding of the application process is in line with the instructions published by the consulate.