Students from EU countries and countries that are part of the Schengen Agreement do NOT need a Visa in order to travel to Malta. Other nationals from Japan, South Korea, Argentina and Brazil also do not need a short stay VISA.
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Member States of the EU
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Requirements for students from other countries:
The stay in Malta requiring a visa can only be up to 90 days. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks for your application to be processed.
All visa applications must be in writing and must be filed at Malta’s diplomatic mission or its representations.
Before you file an application please contact the responsible embassy or consulate to get detailed information.
Please note that the following list consists of general documents that are required for the visa application. Each embassy and consulate has the right to ask for more documents.
The application must consist of:
- The Visa Application Form must be completed with all required details and signed by the applicant.
- A valid travel document (passport) validity of which must not be less than three months
- Two passport-size photographs (in colour and taken against a white background, with face clearly visible)
- An application fee of up to 60,- Euros (or an equivalent of Dollars)
Supporting Documents required:
- Letter of acceptance (to be issued by Maltalingua)
- Proof of accommodation (e.g. Hotel reservation; when accommodated in a host family or apartment of the school the language school will provide the proof of accommodation)
- A valid return ticket
- Proof of means of subsistence (e.g. credit cards, cash, traveller’s cheques)
- Proof of medical insurance (must be valid throughout the Schengen Member States and cover the entire stay; minimum coverage is € 30.000,-)